How Unsanitary Is Flood Damage In Des Moines?
Flood damage can be distressing, and you may be worried about sanitation issues.
Des Moines Residents Are Worried About Unsanitary Conditions After Flood Damage
Des Moines residents know that storms can cause property damage and create inconvenience in their lives. The after-effects of a storm can be devastating, which is why residents need a cleanup team they can trust.
People are often shocked when they see the results of flood damage in Des Moines. Floodwater can quickly enter a property and contaminate:
• Rugs, carpets, and the padding underneath the carpet
• Wooden furniture which can warp and swell
• Textiles and upholstery including cushions, blankets, and drapes
• Personal belongings from books to clothes?
SERVPRO understands how scary it is to see your home after a flood. However, do not despair – our trained specialists are on hand to help you.
Why is flood damage unsanitary?
Some floodwater falls into the category of blackwater. Blackwater is unsanitary water that may contain:
• Human waste
• Animal carcasses
• Pesticides or other toxic chemicals
• Microbes, bacteria, and viruses
Blackwater typically comes from overflowing sewers, rivers breaking their banks, or heavy rain pushing waste into buildings. Water can also be categorized as clean water, which does not pose a health risk, or gray water, which might contain some contaminants, but is not as dangerous as black water.
What should I do about flood damage in my home?
The best thing you can do is call SERVPRO of Federal Way as soon as possible. Because storm damage can be unsanitary, it is much safer to call a professional team and let us handle it. The longer flood damage is left untreated, the greater the risk of microbial growth and increased damage to your property, so you must call us quickly.? Do not attempt to clean up the floodwater yourself, as you risk encountering toxins and microbes.
Will I have to throw everything away?
If blackwater has entered your home, you will, unfortunately, need to toss out some of your belongings. Porous materials such as carpets and drapes are usually too contaminated to rescue. You can rely on us for advice on what to keep and what to dispose of.
Our teams will remove and dispose of contaminated carpet, padding, and drywall. We can also replace the carpet and drywall.
What health and safety measures does SERVPRO take?
We put many health and safety measures in place to protect you and our teams, including:
• Providing personal protective equipment for our staff, including gloves, aprons, full bodysuits, and breathing apparatus
• Training our technicians in how to set up effective containment around damaged areas
• Using the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) recommended antimicrobial treatments during flood damage remediation
We use EPA-recommended treatments to sanitize the surfaces in your home. We might apply these by spraying, wiping, or using a wet fogging machine to distribute the compounds. We are careful not to leave traces of microbial solutions behind – we thoroughly wipe all surfaces before we go. We can also use air scrubbers to remove cleaning particles from the air.
Our technicians attend a 14-day hands-on training program at our corporate facility and have access to ongoing e-learning opportunities. We train our staff to the Institute of Inspection, Cleaning Restoration and Certification (IICRC) standards. IICRC training means our team has a thorough understanding of how flood damage happens, the health risks, and the safest way to remediate flood damage.
What about water damage to the floor and walls?
Our technicians will assess the damage to your home structure and advise you on the steps we plan to take. In some cases, we need to remove and replace drywall and wallpaper and repaint surfaces. Sometimes if the damage is not too bad and there are no contaminants, we can focus on drying rather than replacing.
Each case is very individual, and we will draw up a damage reparation plan tailored to your unique circumstances.
Will SERVPRO dry my home?
Absolutely – untreated moisture can cause further structural damage and also provides a breeding ground for fungal growth.
We use a range of dehumidifiers and air movers to suck moisture from the air and dry out your home. We also dry any salvageable personal belongings or furniture. We use moisture meters, moisture probes, and thermo-hygrometers to monitor the drying process and ensure optimal results.
Will the unsanitary water leave a smell behind?
There is certainly the risk of unpleasant damp smells after flood damage. Thankfully, odor removal is an essential part of our water remediation process. Fogging is effective at removing odors, and we also use air scrubbers and odor-eating compounds.
Flood damage can be distressing, and you may be worried about sanitation issues. However, help is at hand. Call SERVPRO of Federal Way at (253) 838-8999 for assistance.
Can One Des Moines Company Help with Both Fire Residue Cleanup and Rebuilding?
Restoration of fire-damaged structures can get complicated, but SERVPRO streamlines projects with an integrated construction division.
SERVPRO's Construction Division Enhances Our Response to Fire Damage Restoration in Des Moines
When a fire races through your Des Moines property, the assistance you receive sometimes adds to the list of structures that need restoring. Although essential, the water used to knock back the flames can put building materials at risk if it collects in cavities. Decisions made first by firefighters and later by restoration professionals often use partial demolition techniques to get an advantage over the flames and then gain access to damaged areas.
Why Is There More "Destruction" During Restoration of Fire Damage?
Restoration of your Des Moines fire damage must involve more than cleaning away easily visible surface residues. Our crews are proficient in smoke and soot cleanup, but they cannot stop short and ignore the disintegration of building materials happening behind walls, over ceilings, and under floors. Water removal challenges restorers first, and the pathways it takes to migrate from the fire site require tracing. Once we locate hidden firefighting water, we often:
• Pry off woodwork to drill or cut drainage holes
• Punch weep holes from the edges to the center of a ceiling burdened with trapped water
• Saw "flood cuts" in drywall several inches above the water line between studs
This controlled demolition permits us to release the water and affords adequate airflow to reach wet materials when structural drying occurs.
Can Charred Materials Be Saved During Restoration?
Our mission is to attempt restoration first, so SERVPRO technicians use many strategies to clean and scrape charred material down to sound surfaces. We always arrange to test to ensure the structural components retain sufficient strength to function adequately, whether the components are load-bearing supports or visible surfaces. Because fire can destroy some structures' ability to do the job intended, we might need to remove and replace for safety or aesthetic reasons.
Do I Need to Hire a Rebuilding Contractor?
We hold a general contractor's license for the state of Washington. Moving among the mitigation, remediation, restoration, and reconstruction phases of fire damage projects can be completed seamlessly within our company.
Restoration of fire-damaged structures can get complicated, but SERVPRO of Federal Way streamlines projects with an integrated construction division. To explore your options after a fire loss, call us at (253) 838-8999.
How Can Carpeted Floors Get Reused After Water Restoration?
Our team can salvage any floor materials that can be reused to eliminate additional expensive repairs in your Federal Way home.
Repairs and material replacements are unavoidable after water damage, but our SERVPRO team can reuse carpeting in Federal Way homes.
Efficiency and cost-effectiveness are principles vital to the water restoration we provide Federal Way homes. What that means for you is that we attempt to restore over replace - which can even impact flooring materials like the carpets of the house.
While there might be several needs for water damage repair in Federal Way homes after a water damage property loss, the methods used to preserve and protect carpeting from getting discarded can save money on the repairs necessary for the entire household. With flooding or traditional water damages, restoring and maintaining a carpet for reuse involves several practices:
- Extraction – Removing any water trapped in the fibers of the carpeting is critical. Because total drying can take days at times, failing to remove water from carpets can lead to microbial growth.
- Drying – Likewise, drying the carpet must happen before its temporary removal. Floating with centrifugal air movers positioned between the surface layer and padding can accomplish this evaporation.
- Cleaning – Cleaning the carpet can happen before removal when necessary to prevent microbial growth or other contamination concerns.
- Padding Removal – There are many situations where the padding beneath carpeting is too saturated to protect and must be removed, discarded, and replaced later.
- Subflooring Restoration – Without a carpet or padding layer, assessments of the subflooring can more easily occur. When necessary, floor drying mats can remove moisture to prepare the structural system for the pad and carpet replacement.
What Precautions Must Get Taken to Protect Carpet Before Reinstallation?
Keeping the carpet in a dry, controlled climate is vital to prevent secondary threats like mold growth from developing during the drying and mitigation stages of water restoration.
Even when flooring needs replaced or repaired, our water restoration technicians and general contractors of SERVPRO of Federal Way can help. Call us today at (253) 838-8999.
Want to learn more about Federal Way.
My Flower Shop in Federal Way Has Mold – What Should I Do?
Mold can consume your flower shop quickly, call SERVPRO today.
SERVPRO Can Seek Out the Source of the Mold and Provide Remediation
Federal Way is the ninth-largest city in Washington. Originally a logging town, it is now a modern city and home to over 96,000 people. There are many businesses and shops in the area, and every one of them can be prone to mold infestation.
My Backroom Cabinet Has Mold – Can It Be Removed?
A flower shop can be the perfect environment for mold growth if there is high humidity. Plants and flowers need water, and that is a crucial component of mold infestation. If you discovered mold in your cabinet while putting away supplies, the source of the moisture needs to be found. You may have a hidden leak or something spilled and seeped in between the cabinet and the wall, causing water damage. The professionals should handle mold removal in Federal Way. Here are some of the remediation steps SERVPRO uses:
- Inspection – Our technicians inspect your property for visible signs of mold. Since mold can hide, we use various techniques such as moisture sensors, to detect mold and hidden water.
- Containment – Containment procedures are necessary to prevent the spread of the mold. The extent of the damage determines the method used. Fans, heating systems, and cooling systems are turned off during the cleaning process.
- Air filtration - Our specialized filtration system captures microscopic pores out of the air. Powerful air scrubbers and HEPA vacuums help prevent the spread of mold spores during the restoration process.
- Cleaning – We use antifungal and antimicrobial agents to eliminate mold colonies. This also helps prevent new colonies from forming. This step includes disposing of porous material, such as drywall, that is infected.
- Restoration – Our trained crews may be able to clean furniture, curtains, clothing, and restorable items such as glass vases.
If the mold infestation is limited to your cabinet, the mold remediation should be straight forward. If it has spread beyond where you can see, more in-depth repairs may need to take place. This can include replacing drywall and carpets, painting, or area reconstruction.
Contact SERVPRO of Federal Way at (253) 838-8999 for expert mold removal service.
Why Choose SERVPRO After Water, Fire, Mold and Storm Damage in Federal Way?
We have the training, expertise, and state-of-the-art equipment to restore your property after water, fire, mold or storm damage. Call us right away.
Our Certified Technicians have the tools and training to restore your water, fire, mold, or storm-damaged home or business.
The right response to destructive disasters like fire and water losses in your Federal Way home fall on the shoulders of capable, trained technicians like our SERVPRO team. With premier restoration services that encompass both the initial mitigation phases and the cleaning and reconstruction of your damaged property, we can offer real-time solutions that reduce your recovery costs and better protect the house and its contents. No matter what disaster that your home or business might face, we have the tools and technicians to make it “Like it never even happened.”
Mold is one of the more destructive situations that homeowners can face because they might not initially appreciate how widespread or damaging that the situation is. Because mold can first colonize in spaces that are often dark and moist, these colonies start out in low traffic areas of your Federal Way residence. By the time the organism has gotten identified, colonies have often spread far beyond the point of origin.
Initially, addressing mold in your Federal Way home or business involves the direct steps necessary to remove active colonization. Depending on the severity of the situation, this could involve several different options. Remediation often involves removing the entire organism from a hosting material to preserve the structural element. Sanding and soda blasting can often be practical approaches to eliminate the entire hyphae of the organism without deteriorating the surface integrity.
Odors left behind after mold growth can be a challenging obstacle to overcome. Nearly all varieties of mold colonies emit harsh, musty odors. To neutralize these scents, we can utilize multiple deodorizing tools such as thermal foggers and ULV foggers. Both of these tools create a mist or vapor of deodorizing products that can neutralize musty odors in your Federal Way home on contact.
With water losses being one of the most common callouts that our SERVPRO restoration professionals respond to, this is an area where we encourage the majority of our team to obtain certification and continued education. The better prepared that our team is for these water loss incidents, the less damaging and destructive they can be to your Federal Way home and your belongings.
While we have many advanced drying tools, we also have unique approaches like positive pressure systems designed to dry out moisture pockets in structural cavities without a need for controlled demolition. The more time and effort that we can reduce, the less water restoration costs a homeowner or property owner. These tools work by creating small, patchable holes in surface structural elements to allow for the insertion of hoses. These hoses supply blasts of heated air into the wall cavities of your Federal Way home to evaporate trapped water.
Rebuilding after water losses is another step that our SERVPRO team can offer Federal Way properties. Instead of forcing you to find a residential contractor to follow up on the mitigation work that our restoration professionals complete, we have reputable in-house contractors that can take over right away to begin repairs, build back, and even new construction as necessary.
Storms can be a damaging element to the area. With so much harsh weather rolling in from the Puget Sound, Federal Way homes and businesses can see the fierce side of nature as it tests the resolve of construction materials. Once damage does occur, it is crucial to get both contractors and restoration specialists mobilizing quickly to help. Our SERVPRO team offers emergency services encompassing both temporary construction solutions, extraction, and drying.
Extraction is a vital element to storm recovery when our professionals first arrive at your damaged Federal Way address, as flooding can get out of control quickly with structural breaches. While our contractors work to seal off openings in the house, we can utilize many different tools and devices to remove standing water from the floor surface, including:
- Electric submersible pumps
- Gas-powered submersible pumps
- Wet Vacuums
- Carpet Wands
- Weighted Extractors
- Truck-Mounted Pumps
Reducing secondary effects like microbial growth involves our professionals working quickly to establish drying zones with containment barriers and deploying useful drying tools. We have high-velocity air movers that can promote efficient evaporation for exposed materials and contents. Regulating moisture content and relative humidity levels can help to reduce the facilitation of mold colonies in your Federal Way residence.
Housefires can be an overwhelming experience. Your insurance company often demands the use of professional restorers, and there might be multiple reasons why our SERVPRO team should be a top consideration. We’re Faster To Any Size Disaster, meaning that we can begin our recovery and mitigation efforts as soon as possible after the first responders have turned the property back over to you. The sooner that work begins on your Federal Way home, often making things less costly and destructive, the less the disaster can continue to be.
Content management is a considerable element of the recovery process in your Federal Way home after a fire because not addressing these belongings can ensure that many of them succumb to the destructive presence of soot and odors. We have multiple effective strategies to restore and recover your belongings, from the Esporta Washing System at our SERVPRO warehouse to on and off-site deodorization with thermal foggers and ozone machines. Restoring your belongings can help the loss incident to feel less traumatic and destructive, and can make it easier to move forward after a disaster.
Cleaning and deodorization are critical processes in fire recovery inside the house as well beyond the contents that you have left behind. Soot can exist after nearly any structure fire, and depending on the thickness and severity of this residue, it can be a damaging substance to wipe away. Soda blasting can help with both removing soot residues from the surface of materials and beginning vital deodorization efforts at the same time. One of the efficient strategies for getting restoration completed quicker for your Federal Way property.
As overwhelming and destructive as disasters can be for your home and business, give our SERVPRO of Federal Way team a call today to help. We are ready 24/7 at (253) 838-8999.
What Can SERVPRO Do For Me After Storms Flood My Des Moines Basement?
We are available 24/7 because We’re Faster to Any Size Disaster.
SERVPRO Acts Fast To Remove Floodwaters And Mitigate Damages In Des Moines
Time is of the essence when it comes to Storm-related flooding in Des Moines homes. Dirty floodwaters can quickly cause extensive contamination and damage if not dealt with fast enough, so contact the SERVPRO professionals who have the experience and the tools for the job.
What Can I Do To Help Prevent More Water Damage?
Since storm waters usually consist of dirty category 3 black water, spongier materials (pillows, upholstery, curtains) become a health hazard after contamination. Mitigating flood damage in Des Moines begins with moving these types of materials out of the reach of the floodwater.
How Does SERVPRO Detect Hidden Damage In The Walls?
SERVPRO technicians have several options available to them when trying to locate hidden water damages. These include:
• A moisture meter to find the moisture content of walls. Penetrating moisture meters can also be used to test deep inside walls and floors
• A thermo-hygrometer to measure air conditions in a room, and to create drying and humidity goals.
If water damage is discovered, our teams can begin the ventilating process by drilling holes beneath the baseboards next to the wall. Using these holes, our technicians can use dehumidifiers and air movers to pump dry air into your wall cavities.
Can SERVPRO Prevent Mold From Growing After Flooding?
Yes, SERVPRO can help eliminate conditions favorable to mold growth in your house. Three primary conditions encourage mold to grow:
• A food source such as wood or paper.
• A temperature between 68 F and 86 F.
• Humidity above 65%.
Our technicians can prevent mold growth by reducing humidity in your home to below 60% with the use of dehumidifiers.
SERVPRO of Federal Way has the professional equipment and training you need to deal with flooding, so call us at (253) 838-8999. We are available 24/7 because We’re Faster to Any Size Disaster.
What Do I Need to Look for After a Home Fire?
SERVPRO Says Always Keep a Fire Extinguisher Handy for Sudden Mishaps in Your Des Moines Home--Especially the Kitchen!
Licensed Restoration Professionals Repair Fire Damage in Des Moines Residences
Des Moines homeowners can suffer significant losses from home structure fires. Recovery costs can be anywhere from $800 to well over $12,000, with the typical costs averaging at approximately $4,000. The costs incurred by fires, on top of dealing with insurance and restoration efforts, can be a stressful process. However, there is a team ready to assist you every step of the way.
SERVPRO offers fire damage mitigation services for Des Moines residents after disaster strikes. No matter the extent of the losses incurred, this team of restoration professionals strives to return your home to a preloss condition. This SERVPRO team is also licensed to provide general contracting services (license #SERVPCS911LE) to expedite your rebuilding efforts after a home fire.
What Factors Affect How Much a Structure Fire Can Cost Homeowners?
- The type of home fire. Residential structure fires can be divided into two main categories:
- Simple fires produce complete combustion of fuel and, as a result, low amounts of soot. Fuel can include common combustibles such as dry grass and paper.
- Complex fires, meanwhile, burn a variety of materials such as plastics and rubber that can create copious amounts of soot and foul-smelling soils that are difficult to clean. Complex fires are the most common type of residential structure fire.
- The extent of the fire damage. Was the damage to the home extensive or contained? Structural fireproofing, fire detection devices, and easy access to fire extinguishers can all help contain a fire and reduce mitigation and restoration costs. Even water used to suppress a home fire can cause damages that become most costly to clean over time.
- Suppression and extinguishing methods used. Fire hoses are effective at suppressing home fires but can cause significant damage in the process. The moisture can reduce drywall to a soggy, crumbling mess, and contents typically require extensive drying and sanitation to inhibit microbial growth. Sprinklers can help suppress fires with much less water, thereby reducing damage as much as 90%.
Chemical extinguishers leave residues on surfaces after discharge that require extra effort to clean. Fire extinguishers that rely on carbon dioxide are available for Des Moines homeowners who wish to eliminate the risk of chemical exposure and hard-to-clean residues.
What Does a Home Fire Damage Inspection Entail?
Typically, a professional inspection can cover the following aspects of your Des Moines property:
- Examining the foundation. Structural materials like iron and steel can transfer incredibly high temperatures to portions of the home that can destabilize the property.
- Determining the extent of roof damage. Roof damage is another common concern after a home fire. The structure can be compromised through exposure to high temperatures, even if the shingles or flashing were not burned. Wood joists underneath the roofing may also have suffered water damage from fire suppression. Gutters and downspouts also require inspection, as fire damage and high heat can warp and melt the metal.
- Inspecting windows. Damage from heat can cause blistering in window frames and warp the glass itself. Double-paned windows can experience rippling between the panes.
- Assessing drywall, concrete, and other wall materials. A variety of wall materials may not tolerate heat well, let alone direct contact with flames. High temperatures can melt exterior siding. Stucco tends to spall and crack from the loss of moisture. Wood supports can do the same. Even more robust materials like concrete weaken when exposed to high temperatures.
SERVPRO professionals can inspect your home to determine the extent of fire damage and ensure that homeowners are kept well-informed about the state of their property.
How Does SERVPRO Control Odors After a Home Fire?
Odors are one of the most long-lasting aftereffects of a home fire situation. SERVPRO Odor Control Technicians (OCTs) have access to commercial-grade deodorization tools that include:
- Enzyme digesters targeted at eliminating protein residues from cooking fires.
- Scented granules made of Fuller’s Earth that are placed near HVAC intakes spread pleasant odors throughout the property.
- Odor-counteracting beads designed to release solvent-based counteractants that freshen up damaged structures.
- Pump and trigger sprays can dispense large amounts of deodorizing or sanitizing solutions quickly and effectively.
- Thermal foggers designed to dispense sanitizers and deodorizers as a dry “smoke” that penetrates surfaces to eliminate odors.
- SERVPRO’s roster of EPA-registered antimicrobial solutions includes over 100 proprietary cleaning products.
- HEPA filter air scrubbers can catch odor-causing particles as small as 0.3 microns in size to improve indoor air quality.
SERVPRO of Federal Way provides mitigation services that are Faster to Any Size Disaster when you call (253) 838-8999.
What Can Des Moines Homeowners Do To Prevent Flood Damage From A Storm?
When it comes to preventing flood damage, there are several things you can do to help.
How Can Des Moines Residents Help Keep Their Properties Safe?
Des Moines residents cannot control the weather, but there is still a lot they can do to take care of their homes. By undertaking a few routine maintenance tasks, householders can stay more safe and secure.
A storm in Des Moines can cause flood damage to local homes. The after-effects of a storm can be as mild as a downed gutter, or as catastrophic as a flood of water into the home. SERVPRO understands that local homeowners are keen to avoid structural damage to their houses. Here are our top tips to help protect your house from flood damage.
What can I do to prevent flood damage?
You can help protect your home by carrying out these routine maintenance tasks:
• Clear out your gutters – clean gutters are the first line of defense against storm damage
• Check your roof shingles and sidings – see to any repairs immediately
• Keep your trees trimmed – a loose or overhanging branch can do a lot of harm to a house
• Make sure your windows and doors are correctly sealed – even a small gap is enough to spell trouble
• Give water a place to go – the slope of your yard should be enough to let water drain down and away from your property
How can SERVPRO help in the event of a disaster?
Keeping on top of maintenance tasks can help prevent damage to your house, but sometimes even with the best of intentions, flood damage can still occur. If your home is damaged by water, we recommend you call SERVPRO at once.
We train our teams to handle flood damage quickly and efficiently. We take care of every aspect of flood damage from start to finish:
• We carry out a full assessment of your property
• We use professional equipment to pump out and vacuum up as much water as possible
• We use air movers and dryers to dry out all the hidden corners where water might lurk
• We spot clean water-damaged items
• We deodorize your house, so there is no lingering damp smell
When it comes to preventing flood damage, there are several things you can do to help. When it comes to dealing with flood damage, you need to call in the professionals. Call SERVPRO of Federal Way at (253) 838-8999.
How Can Anyone in Des Moines Adequately Complete Fire Damage Cleanup with a House Full of Furniture and Other Items?
Fire damage can be a result of a quick fire and leave lingering problems in your home. Call SERVPRO to remediate the damage.
Strategies SERVPRO Uses to Secure Belongings to Streamline Fire Restoration in Des Moines Residences Often Include Partial or Full Pack-Out
The aftermath of a home fire is chaotic for Des Moines residents, frequently engendering a feeling of powerlessness. Some would say the last thing you want to do at that juncture is to give up control of your furnishings, household goods, and personal possessions. On the contrary, using our comprehensive pack-out system can efficiently manage your property, guarding it against additional harm and using our broad range of resources to restore it to full function and appearance after ensuring every item is clean, deodorized and disinfected.
How Does a Pack-Out Impact Fire Restoration Within My Home?
Fire restoration in your Des Moines home comprises an intense and rapid set of phases, tasks, and steps. When technicians must continually move furniture and boxes, they worry about spreading residues, including dealing with the moisture and soot the damaged contents contribute to the overall load of water and soils. Unsurprisingly, a pack-out is considered advantageous by on-site professionals. With the items out of the space, Water Damage Restoration Technicians (WRT) and Fire and Smoke Restoration Technicians (FSRT) can:
- Remove firefighting water and extinguisher chemicals
- Contain and dispose of charred debris
- Cope with vast expanses of wet and soiled carpeting and padding
- Dry out the space
- Clean surfaces with products, tools, and methods matched to the type of soot and durability of the affected structural components and fixtures
What Happens to the Packed-Out Items?
SERVPRO uses the Contents Claim Inventory Service (CCIS) to track the location and condition of items removed to our production facility or a safe, smoke and water-free space on your property. A digital file of lists, barcoding, photos, and updates ensures we can document the assessment and restoration of the items for your information and insurance purposes.
Trust SERVPRO of Federal Way to analyze your fire restoration needs before recommending a plan to achieve the best outcome for both damaged structure and contents. Call (253) 838-8999 so we can assess and plan to make your fire disaster “Like it never even happened.”
Click here for more information about Des Moines.
Where Can I Find Water Damage Remediation Services in Federal Way?
When your home requires water damage restoration, don't wait to get help.
SERVPRO of Federal Way Can Provide Your Home With Water Damage Mitigation Services!
Sometimes homeowners may come across water damage they did not expect to find in their Federal Way homes while working on a DIY project. Imagine that you have decided to renovate your bathroom with the guidance of some online tutorials. However, after you removed the old tile flooring, you discovered a musty smell and damp baseboards.
After some investigation, you realize the culprit of the water damage in your Federal Way bathroom is a leaking pipe behind your bathtub. Finding the damage may interrupt your DIY and put you off schedule. However, it's far better to remediate the issue now instead of later in your newly renovated bathroom. Fortunately for you, here at SERVPRO, We’re Faster to Any Size Disaster. We can help you minimize the time you're off schedule.
What Is the Remediation Process Like? How Long Can It Take?
Water damage remediation can take days, or it can take weeks, depending on the severity of the damage. When SERVPRO arrives at your home, we can:
• Do an initial investigation and craft a remediation plan
• Remove any damaged baseboard that is beyond restoration
• Use advanced technology to remove excess moisture
Here at SERVPRO, we try our best to remediate your home as quickly as possible. Day or night, we work when you need us.
What Advanced Technological Devices Can You Use in My Home?
Our technicians are familiar with many devices designed to remediate water damage. In your home, we can use:
• Infrared cameras to search for any hidden pockets of water
• Floor drying mats to reduce moisture in the baseboards of your bathroom
• Dehumidifiers, heaters, and air movers to expose your bathroom to warm and dry air
Our goal is to get as much dry air as possible into your bathroom, to create an ideal environment for evaporation.
When your home requires water damage restoration, don't wait to get help. Contact SERVPRO of Federal Way by calling (253) 838-8999. Our techs are always available to help.