Fire and Smoke Damage Specialists in Des Moines
Call SERVPRO immediately following a fire in your Everett home. We will leave your home looking "Like it never even happened."
SERVPRO is Here for all of your Fire Damage Restoration Needs in Des Moines
Even if a small blaze ignites inside your house, the smoke it puts out can get everywhere and cause you to have to perform smoke remediation in areas of your home that are far from the source. When partially combusted particles touch cooler surfaces such as your building materials and contents, they can solidify into soot residues.
During fire restoration in Des Moines, our SERVPRO crew first inspects your entire structure for signs of damage. When dealing with fire damaged homes, we can perform the following services:
- Fire and Smoke Damage Restoration and Cleanup
- Water & Fire Damage Restorations
- Smoke Remediation
- House Fire Clean Up
One major part of the fire and smoke damage repair process is to remove soot residues from your furniture and other contents in your house. Residues are a primary source of unpleasant aroma, so cleaning your affected items occurs before any deodorization procedures. Depending on the type of item and how thick the soils are, we can use the following methods to clean your contents:
- Dry Cleaning
- Wet Cleaning
- Spray and Wipe
- Foam Cleaning
- Abrasive Cleaning
- Immersion Cleaning
If you ever notice smoke damage after a small kitchen fire, call SERVPRO of Federal Way at (253) 838-8999.
Have You Ever Needed Water Damage Remediation in Federal Way?
We can get your property back to the state it was in before the unfortunate incident.
SERVPRO Offers Water Removal Services in the Federal Way Area
If you ever suffer from burst pipes, you know that a lot of moisture can enter your structure in a short period. Once your building materials and contents get wet, the humidity levels can rise in your house, and mold can develop if organic items stay wet for more than 48 hours.
When dealing with water damage in Federal Way, our SERVPRO technicians can take several steps to remove moisture and prevent secondary issues such as fungal contamination. If your ever notice burst pipes or ceiling leaks, we can provide the following services:
- Water Clean Up
- Ceiling Repairs from Water Damages
- Basement Flooding Cleanup
- Water Damage Repairs
- Sewage Cleanup
As a part of our water removal services, we can provide carpet cleaning after the moisture has been removed. When your carpets get wet, they can attract dirt or develop a mildew-like smell. Depending on how dirty your carpets got, we can utilize the following carpet cleaning methods listed in order from the least aggressive to most aggressive:
- Bonnet Cleaning
- Hot Water Extraction
- Deluxe Pre-Condition and Rinse
- Rotary Jet Extraction
If you ever find yourself needing water damage repairs, call SERVPRO of Federal Way at (253) 838-8999.
Do You Need Mold Remediation in Federal Way?
"We’re Faster to Any Size Disaster"
SERVPRO Can Provide Mold Inspection, Remediation, and Removal in Federal Way
Federal Way, Washington is a city located just north of Tacoma, and it is part of the Seattle Metropolitan district. The town sits on the water and has a little more than 90,000 people.
For visitors, there is plenty to do in Federal Way. From enjoying sports events to relaxing on a beach, the area is filled with fun activities for the whole family.
Things to do in Federal Way
- Dash Point State Park: This 400-acre park boasts over 3,000 feet of coastal shoreline. Camping is available at several spots within the park. The park's trails allow visitors access to places where people can fish, swim, hike, and picnic. While on the trail's hikers can experience unobstructed views of Puget Sound. Spectators also get the chance to view a variety of marine life of the Pacific Northwest.
- Centerstage Theatre: This famous theater prides itself in providing entertainment for the whole family. During the year, the theater puts on live performances, including plays and musicals.
- Celebration Park Sports Complex: Here, people can watch aspiring athletes and get the chance to see national baseball and soccer championship games. The complex includes playgrounds, trails, and pathways through the park, a concession stand, a lighted batting field, and a total of eight baseball and soccer fields.
- Federal Way Farmers Market: The area's farmers market is held every Saturday from May to October. The market takes place at the Commons Mall Parking Lot at 1701 S 320th St. The market features breakfast/lunch items, snacks, fresh farm produce, crafts, flowers, and live entertainment.
- Federal Way Community Center: This facility is located at the southern end of Celebration Park, and it hosts a variety of activities and events for the community. People who come to the center can enjoy the state's largest recreational pool complex. The facility has a current channel over 400 feet long, a six-lane lap pool, and a two-story water slide. The complex also has meeting areas and gyms that can be rented for private events. On the grounds, there are also outdoor areas where weddings can be held.
- Historical Society of Federal Way: At the historical society, people can get a chance to learn about the rich history of the region. Visitors can tour historical places and see some restored cabins.
SERVPRO Can Offer Mold Removal Services in Federal Way
Any time moisture enters your home; there is a possibility that you could need black mold damage repairs. Since mold can cause health effects, it is wise to hire a professional company to help you if moisture has entered your home or you see something that looks like mold.
Our mold specialists at SERVPRO can help provide the following services if a fungus develops inside your house:
- Mold Inspection
- Mold Removal
- Bathroom Mold Removal
- Attic Mold Removal
- Basement Mold Remediation
Once a fungus forms somewhere in your house, it starts to release microscopic seeds that can spread and contaminate other regions of the house. As a part of the mold remediation process, we can do things like setting up a containment chamber with negative air pressure and spray fungicides to keep mold from spreading to previously unaffected places in your structure.
For mold inspections, remediation, and removal, call SERVPRO of Federal Way at (253) 838-8999.
Is Restoration Cheaper than Replacement?
SERVPRO professionals are trained to handle every level of water damage. Give us a call, we are available 24/7.
SERVPRO Can Assist Des Moines with a Cost-Effective Solution to Water Intrusion
Water intrusion can often result in the demolition of certain parts in the building assembly. Sometimes it can be cost and time-effective to demo materials rather than attempt to restore them. SERVPRO crew chiefs calculate the expense of restoration versus replacement when deciding which parts of a home to restore.
A water cleanup service in your Des Moines home may be faster if materials are removed altogether. Highly porous materials, contaminated materials, and pre-test results are typically the deciding factor in whether items are salvageable or not. Sometimes a demolition may be necessary to access cavities in the home and dry or clean them.
- Technicians can detach carpets using a Knee Kicker or a Carpet Awl to inspect them. Often the carpet pad must be replaced in water cleanup.
- Baseboards are commonly removed to access wall cavities and involve using a pry bar or putty knife to reduce wall damage.
- Assemblies in the home, such as staircases, are frequently removed to inspect the inner cavity.
Get fast, efficient restoration. Contact SERVPRO of Federal Way for water cleanup at (253) 838-8999.
Can Commercial Fires Lead to Permanent Structural Damage?
After a fire, many times demolition is necessary. SERVPRO has the training for safe debris removal and building restoration.
SERVPRO of Federal Way is Here to Help Local Business Owners Overcome Fire Damage
The extent of damage a structure sustains from a fire depends on the materials burning, temperature, and the length of time that the structure is exposed to fire. Commercial buildings can often be adversely affected by an out-of-hours fire as these generally burn longer before firefighters are called.
Restoring severe fire damage in your Federal Way business is possible even when damages have affected the structure. Most buildings have a wood or metal framework underpinning the building assembly. These can become charred or blackened by exposure to direct flames or high temperatures. SERVPRO has a range of methods for restoring the structural framework of business premises.
- Scraping charred frames or using an abrasion blaster can remove the structure's surface layers and return it to a good condition.
- If abrasion blasting risks damaging the structural integrity, we can seal the surfaces to reduce visible signs of charring or odor.
- SERVPRO works alongside structural engineers when assessing the safety and integrity of frameworks adversely affected by the fire.
Professional restoration services can speed up premises recovery. Contact SERVPRO of Federal Way for commercial fire damage restoration at (253) 838-8999.
Can Water Cause Continuous Damage to a Property?
You can depend on our professionals with state of the art equipment to thoroughly dry your property so you can return safely after a water incident.
SERVPRO of Federal Way Can Mitigate the Damaging Effects of Water in your Property
Federal Way is in the top ten largest cities in Washington State. The population of 96,289 residents makes it the fifth most populous city in Kings County. Initially, the city was a timber settlement that shipped wood products across the United States. As more and more residential properties cropped up, the region was named Federal Way, which comes from the US highway route 99. The area was only officially incorporated as a city twenty years ago in 1990 following three previous attempts in the late twentieth century.
Much of Federal Way was privately owned by the Weyerhaeuser timberland company, which has over 12,400,000 acres of timberlands across the United States. It was not until 2014 that large amounts of Federal Way became open to the public. Among these attractions are botanical gardens, a pacific bonsai museum, and the Rhododendron Species Foundation, which opens to the public six days of the week. The Weyerhaeuser headquarters' departure from Federal Way occurred in 2014, but the city still retains large employers like World Vision International, Walmart, and DaVita.
- The Rhododendron Species Botanical Garden is a 22-acre space dedicated to the varying species of this plant. Tours are available with expert botanists that can explain both the providence and properties of these unique plants. The Weyerhaeuser company formerly owned the botanical gardens on 336 street.
- MaST Center Aquarium is a research center into marine biology that is open to the public. Situated on the northern border of Federal Way in Redondo, the center is crucial to university research. The Aquarium is open to tours and education on the Puget Sound and its unique wildlife species.
- Wild Waves Theme and Water Park is one of just three parks in the State of Washington. Initially opened in 1977, it remains a popular attraction in the Pacific Northwest. The amusement center features a mix of theme-park rollercoasters with water slides and swimming areas.
SERVPRO Can Provide Exponential Water Damages Occurring in your Home
The main principle of professional restoration services is to mitigate damages. Water intrusion can happen to any homeowner. However, those that suffer the most negligible damages act quickly to enlist professional assistance. One of a water restoration professional's first actions is to extract water and remove any bulk waste from the property. This step alone can save thousands of dollars worth of water damages.
- Pumps are used to remove water from the property quickly. These significantly reduce overall pressure on the walls, floors, and ceilings of a structure.
- Technicians can then rake or shovel any existing contamination and solid-waste, for example, from a sewer backup.
- Extraction is much more efficient than drying. Water extraction units are used to reduce excess water further before a structured drying system is put in place.
Avoid costly damages after water intrusion. Contact SERVPRO of Federal Way for water damage mitigation at (253) 838-8999.
Do you See Fungi Inside your Federal Way House?
Effective mold remediation requires more than a
DIY approach. SERVPRO's techs are trained to safely remove the mold.
SERVPRO can Provide Top-notch Mold Restoration Services
In many cases, various types of fungi can grow inside a structure due to a small water leak over time, which can cause the issue to go unnoticed at first. If organic materials stay wet, the mold can start to grow structures in all ways. These formations then release microscopic seeds into the atmosphere that can travel throughout your building.
Most mold removal companies in Federal Way like SERVPRO start restoration projects by repairing the source's water leak. After moisture is no longer entering the area, our technicians can then complete the following steps:
- Establish Containment: Because other parts of your house do not get contaminated by the mold colonies during the restoration process, our highly trained team can build a plastic barrier that will trap any loose debris.
- Remove Contamination: Once we establish containment in the affected area, we can remove the mold by scrubbing, sanding, or possibly using a sandblaster.
- Decontaminate the Air: We can use advanced technology such as industrial air scrubbers to create negative pressure inside the containment chamber. Any contaminated loose particles will then flow through the scrubber equipped with a High-Efficiency Particulate Air (HEPA) filter before getting dispensed back into the environment.
If you ever notice mold anywhere in your home, call SERVPRO of Federal Way at (253) 838-8999.
Do you Have Water Damage in Des Moines?
Water damage can quickly ruin cabinets, floors, and furniture. SERVPRO is always ready to remove the water.
SERVPRO Provides Water Damage Restoration Services in Des Moines
Whenever water leaks into your residence, it can quickly travel throughout your home, getting many of your contents wet along the way. Once items in your house like carpet have retained moisture, other issues can develop, including mold growth or problems with elevated humidity levels.
When conducting water cleanup in Des Moines, our SERVPRO technicians first remove the moisture while it is still a liquid. We can extract water from your flooring, furniture, or other building materials using a truck-mounted extractor and the following extraction tools:
- Handheld-Wands: We can use light wands to extract smaller amounts of water from glue down carpet or some types of upholstered furniture.
- Self-Propelled Extraction Tools: These machines operate by a separate motor that consistently moves across the carpet. The tool uses the operator's weight standing on top of it to compress the carpet while extracting.
- Stationary Tools: For heavily saturated, thick carpets, our technicians can use stationary tools. These tools use only the operator's weight for extraction, and the largest units will only extract about 200 square inches of carpet at a time.
If you ever notice that water has leaked into your home after a pipe broke, contact SERVPRO of Federal Way at (253) 838-8999.
Suffer from a Fire in Federal Way?
No matter the size of the fire, soot and smoke damage travel throughout the home. SERVPRO of Federal WAY has the cleaning tools to restore your home.
You can Call SERVPRO for Fire Restoration Services in Federal Way
Federal Way, Washington is located in the state's Seattle metro area and currently has about 100,000 people. The city is a hub for ethnic and cultural diversity as more than one-third of its residents are Asian-American, African-American, or Hispanic-American. At one point, the school district in the region reported 111 different languages spoken in their students' households.
Sports Lover's Paradise
The city is home to many options to play or view all various sports. The town is where both the Seattle Seahawks and the Seattle Mariners play. The Celebration Park Sports Complex in Federal Way is a park with eight baseball and soccer fields where people can watch tournaments of some of the state's top-notch soccer and baseball players. The region also hosts the Weyerhaeuser King County Aquatic Center, where visitors can swim in the same waters where Olympic stars practice.
Things to Do in Federal Way
- Brown's Point Lighthouse: This four-acre green space is located at the tip of Brown's Point and provides visitors waterfront access. People can tour or rent the restored lightkeeper's cottage or hang out on the beach and watch large ships go in and out of the Tacoma port.
- Dumas Bay Centre: This meeting place and events venue provide a pleasant, natural setting along the water. The spot offers exquisite accommodations and delicious foods at a reasonable rate.
- Federal Way Farmers' Market: The local farmers' market occurs every Saturday in the Commons Mall parking area between 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. in early May through late October. The event offers fresh farm produce, live entertainment, crafts, breakfast, lunch, snacks, and more.
- Dash Point State Park: This state park spans nearly 400 acres and offers visitors over 3,300 feet of shoreline. While there, tourists can observe marine life and beautiful views of Puget Sound. Other activities available within the property include fishing, hiking, swimming, and picnicking.
- Federal Way Community Center: This popular location sits on the southern end of Celebration Park and is a hotspot for several events and activities. Those who wish to have some fun in the water can go swimming in a six-lane Olympic size lap pool or enjoy themselves in its leisure pool with a 110-foot long current channel and a two-story waterslide. The center is also home to several gyms, an indoor track, and a climbing pinnacle. Visitors have the option to rent out spaces for events or meetings or get educated in one of the many classes offered there.
SERVPRO Can Provide Fire Restoration Services in the Area
Our SERVPRO technicians can use the following methods to remove soot residues and soils from the various surfaces inside your home:
- Dry Cleaning: For porous surfaces, we can use sponges or dry cloths to remove the soot so that no liquids soak the residues deeper into the material.
- Wet Cleaning: When cleaning hard, non-porous surfaces we, can use various water-based detergents.
- Soda Blasting: When dealing with heavy soot residues, we can utilize a soda blaster that shoots a baking soda mixture to neutralize and clean the affected surface.
If you ever notice any smoke damage after a fire, call SERVPRO of Federal Way at (253) 838-8999.
Can Smoke Damaged Booths Be Salvaged in a Federal Way Diner Fire?
If your property is damaged in a fire, SERVPRO of Federal Way is here to help. Contact us for any fire restoration needs.
Smoke can cause fire damage, but SERVPRO can remediate the problem in most cases
Any type of eatery is subject to kitchen fires. In commercial kitchens, they are typically contained quickly, but they can still do damage. Smoke and soot can spread rapidly and settle throughout the diner.
Can the Vinyl Covered Booths Be Cleaned?
The last thing you want is fire damage in your Federal Way retro diner. A fire can close a business down. Even if the blaze is contained quickly, the smoke and soot can ruin fixtures, furniture, and the diner content if not dealt with as soon as possible. Food items can be damaged by not only soot but by high heat. Depending on the intensity of the fire, we can often repair your booths. We handle the restoration depending on the components:
- Vinyl covering – We use specialized wet chemicals to clean the booth seating as vinyl resists water-based agents.
- Formica tabletops – Formica tabletops and countertops can be cleaned with dry cleaners. Wet cleaners are used if the damage is severe enough.
- Metal fixtures – Wet cleaning is typically recommended for metal.
SERVPRO of Federal Way can provide fire damage mitigation in Federal Way. We help to restore your company. For more information, contact us at (253) 838-8999.