Do you Have Water Damage in Des Moines?
Water damage can quickly ruin cabinets, floors, and furniture. SERVPRO is always ready to remove the water.
SERVPRO Provides Water Damage Restoration Services in Des Moines
Whenever water leaks into your residence, it can quickly travel throughout your home, getting many of your contents wet along the way. Once items in your house like carpet have retained moisture, other issues can develop, including mold growth or problems with elevated humidity levels.
When conducting water cleanup in Des Moines, our SERVPRO technicians first remove the moisture while it is still a liquid. We can extract water from your flooring, furniture, or other building materials using a truck-mounted extractor and the following extraction tools:
- Handheld-Wands: We can use light wands to extract smaller amounts of water from glue down carpet or some types of upholstered furniture.
- Self-Propelled Extraction Tools: These machines operate by a separate motor that consistently moves across the carpet. The tool uses the operator's weight standing on top of it to compress the carpet while extracting.
- Stationary Tools: For heavily saturated, thick carpets, our technicians can use stationary tools. These tools use only the operator's weight for extraction, and the largest units will only extract about 200 square inches of carpet at a time.
If you ever notice that water has leaked into your home after a pipe broke, contact SERVPRO of Federal Way at (253) 838-8999.
Suffer from a Fire in Federal Way?
No matter the size of the fire, soot and smoke damage travel throughout the home. SERVPRO of Federal WAY has the cleaning tools to restore your home.
You can Call SERVPRO for Fire Restoration Services in Federal Way
Federal Way, Washington is located in the state's Seattle metro area and currently has about 100,000 people. The city is a hub for ethnic and cultural diversity as more than one-third of its residents are Asian-American, African-American, or Hispanic-American. At one point, the school district in the region reported 111 different languages spoken in their students' households.
Sports Lover's Paradise
The city is home to many options to play or view all various sports. The town is where both the Seattle Seahawks and the Seattle Mariners play. The Celebration Park Sports Complex in Federal Way is a park with eight baseball and soccer fields where people can watch tournaments of some of the state's top-notch soccer and baseball players. The region also hosts the Weyerhaeuser King County Aquatic Center, where visitors can swim in the same waters where Olympic stars practice.
Things to Do in Federal Way
- Brown's Point Lighthouse: This four-acre green space is located at the tip of Brown's Point and provides visitors waterfront access. People can tour or rent the restored lightkeeper's cottage or hang out on the beach and watch large ships go in and out of the Tacoma port.
- Dumas Bay Centre: This meeting place and events venue provide a pleasant, natural setting along the water. The spot offers exquisite accommodations and delicious foods at a reasonable rate.
- Federal Way Farmers' Market: The local farmers' market occurs every Saturday in the Commons Mall parking area between 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. in early May through late October. The event offers fresh farm produce, live entertainment, crafts, breakfast, lunch, snacks, and more.
- Dash Point State Park: This state park spans nearly 400 acres and offers visitors over 3,300 feet of shoreline. While there, tourists can observe marine life and beautiful views of Puget Sound. Other activities available within the property include fishing, hiking, swimming, and picnicking.
- Federal Way Community Center: This popular location sits on the southern end of Celebration Park and is a hotspot for several events and activities. Those who wish to have some fun in the water can go swimming in a six-lane Olympic size lap pool or enjoy themselves in its leisure pool with a 110-foot long current channel and a two-story waterslide. The center is also home to several gyms, an indoor track, and a climbing pinnacle. Visitors have the option to rent out spaces for events or meetings or get educated in one of the many classes offered there.
SERVPRO Can Provide Fire Restoration Services in the Area
Our SERVPRO technicians can use the following methods to remove soot residues and soils from the various surfaces inside your home:
- Dry Cleaning: For porous surfaces, we can use sponges or dry cloths to remove the soot so that no liquids soak the residues deeper into the material.
- Wet Cleaning: When cleaning hard, non-porous surfaces we, can use various water-based detergents.
- Soda Blasting: When dealing with heavy soot residues, we can utilize a soda blaster that shoots a baking soda mixture to neutralize and clean the affected surface.
If you ever notice any smoke damage after a fire, call SERVPRO of Federal Way at (253) 838-8999.
Can Smoke Damaged Booths Be Salvaged in a Federal Way Diner Fire?
If your property is damaged in a fire, SERVPRO of Federal Way is here to help. Contact us for any fire restoration needs.
Smoke can cause fire damage, but SERVPRO can remediate the problem in most cases
Any type of eatery is subject to kitchen fires. In commercial kitchens, they are typically contained quickly, but they can still do damage. Smoke and soot can spread rapidly and settle throughout the diner.
Can the Vinyl Covered Booths Be Cleaned?
The last thing you want is fire damage in your Federal Way retro diner. A fire can close a business down. Even if the blaze is contained quickly, the smoke and soot can ruin fixtures, furniture, and the diner content if not dealt with as soon as possible. Food items can be damaged by not only soot but by high heat. Depending on the intensity of the fire, we can often repair your booths. We handle the restoration depending on the components:
- Vinyl covering – We use specialized wet chemicals to clean the booth seating as vinyl resists water-based agents.
- Formica tabletops – Formica tabletops and countertops can be cleaned with dry cleaners. Wet cleaners are used if the damage is severe enough.
- Metal fixtures – Wet cleaning is typically recommended for metal.
SERVPRO of Federal Way can provide fire damage mitigation in Federal Way. We help to restore your company. For more information, contact us at (253) 838-8999.
Storms Caused Flash Flooding in Des Moines Homes – Who Can Help?
If you need a company you can trust, call SERVPRO of Federal Way today for any of your water or fire damage remediation needs.
SERVPRO technicians mitigate flood damage and provide floodwater cleanup
Flooding can damage homes and requires a professional water damage company to clean the house properly. The most important thing you should focus on when floodwaters come raging into your house is to make sure your family is safe. Leave the cleanup to us.
What Happens First?
When there is flood damage in Des Moines, the first thing you should do after seeing your family is to call SERVPRO. When our crew arrives on the scene, they ensure everyone’s safety. This can include:
- Tarping the roof
- Checking for electrical concerns
- Inspecting structural components
Once that is done, the primary concern is water extraction. Our crew is trained to deal with biohazards such as floodwater, also known as black water. Blackwater is extremely contaminated, and you should never try to eradicate the problem on your own. SERVPRO's certified team understands the risks and knows what to do. We use trash pumps designed to remove water and debris along with the proper PPE.
Flooding can put your life on hold. Our experienced technicians are available 24/7 to provide the help you need. Contact SERVPRO of Federal Way at (253) 838-899 for professional flood damage service in Des Moines.
Can SERVPRO Handle Any Size Water Intrusion in Federal Way?
SERVPRO works to provide Fast and Efficient Water Damage Cleanup and Restoration to Your Federal Way Property
Our technicians are trained to provide water mitigation to any size disaster
Federal Way eventually gained city status after several failed attempts. The area began as a logging settlement and got its name in 1929. It is a beautiful town with plenty of local attractions to keep residents entertained. With an abundance of parks and botanical gardens, Federal Way is a nature lover’s delight.
Weyerhaeuser’s Botanical Gardens
Weyerhaeuser is the largest private owner of softwood timberland. It was based in Federal Way until 2014. The company generously opened up much of its land to the public and including these two botanical gardens:
- Rhododendron Species Foundation and Botanical Garden
- Pacific Bonsai Museum
The Rhododendron Species Foundation and Botanical Garden spreads out over 22 acres and is dedicated to the flower whose name it bears. The organization began in 1964 and moved its final location, provided by Weyerhaeuser, in 1974. When it comes to rhododendrons, the foundation is dedicated to:
- Public displays
When strolling through the gardens, you can see over 10,000 species in a background of native conifers. Visitors can check out species grown only in certain countries such as Malaysia and Borneo in the Rutherford Conservatory. The Conservatory is home to rare examples that are in danger of extinction in their native lands. Displays also include rare wild orchard species and tree ferns. There are other floral areas in the park to be enjoyed, as well.
Pacific Bonsai Museum
The Pacific Bonsai Museum is one of two such museums in the U.S. dedicated solely to bonsai. It is a treasure as there are only a few such museums in the entire world. At PBM, visitors can enjoy a selection of 150 of the world’s finest bonsai. Trees come from all over the world, including:
- United States
Any donation gets you into the museum to enjoy the beauty of the bonsai tree. There are numerous exhibits, and guided tours can be scheduled. Exhibits change over time, but the current exhibit is World War Bonsai: Remembrance & Resilience. It is a fascinating look at the art during the period of WWII. One of the trees on display was grown by a gentleman incarcerated during the war. This exhibit remains in place until October 2021. PBM is an excellent way to spend the delay relaxing and connecting with nature.
No Water Catastrophe is Too Big or Too Small for SERVPRO
Residential homes in Federal Way can experience water damage from things such as a dishwasher overflow or a leaky pipe. The most common causes of water intrusions in homes are:
- Water fixture overflow – a faucet or pipe can be the culprit, and water buildup tends to be minor.
- Single room flooding – room size and water depth is a factor in water extraction techniques.
- Home flooding – a catastrophe that causes submersion of the entire home.
- Basement flooding – can occur from something like a burst pipe or a natural disaster.
Prime the Pumps!
Each one of these situations is handled differently with specific water mitigation techniques in Federal Way homes. Our goal is to prevent further damage and resort your home to preloss condition when possible. Some of our methods include using:
- Truck Mounted Extractors
- Portable Extractor or Pump
Water extraction is just the beginning. Contact SERVPRO of Federal Way at (253) 838-8999 for professional water mitigation.
Careers Events for Federal Way Students Open Up this January
Green River College provides virtual career events for high-schoolers in the Federal Way Area. What? A house fire damaged your home? Call SERVPRO!
These Virtual Career Events Give Students of Federal Way the Opportunity to Refine their Ambitions
Green River students and those in the vicinity of Federal Way can take advantage of this government-funded career event running from mid-January onwards. The virtual event features experienced practitioners from a variety of successful career paths and backgrounds. Students are encouraged to explore and ask questions about careers in government, environmental planning, infrastructure, and public relations. Many of the programs here feature preliminary training that can be used as college credits or to advance your work experience and job understanding. The virtual information session runs twenty-four-hours a day while one-to-one meetings can be arranged. Many programs offer training or money off from tuition fees for taking part in their courses.
- The application process can begin at the age of seventeen, with leadership programs for older students.
- Enhance your networking opportunities by meeting people within the sector
- Gain an edge over other applicants by demonstrable work experience.
The damaging effects of smoke on an indoor environment require immediate intervention. Contact SERVPRO of Federal Way at (253) 838-8999.
Des Moines Residents Prepare for an Unforgettable New Years Day Walk
SERVPRO provides commercial water damage cleanup and restoration to Des Moines area structures while you go fishing at Saltwater State Park
Saltwater State Park in Des Moines is Hosting this Year's Annual Walk
The Saltwater State Park is located in Des Moines between Seattle and Tacoma. Just off the Interstate highway, there are several serene walking trails and camping facilities. To celebrate the new year, an organized walk of the Ravine Loop Trail takes place at 10:30 am on the 1st of January. The promenade stretches to two miles in distance, making it well suited to all ages and hiking abilities. At the same time, a first-day paddle in the Marine Protected area is taking place. Saltwater State Park is one of the more popular green spaces thanks to its long stretches of sandy beaches, wildlife preservations, and camping options. An experienced guide gives this year's walk and finishes at a nearby cafe for refreshments.
- The Saltwater State Park encompasses 137 acres with a 1,445 foot stretch of beach along the Puget Sound.
- Paddle boating and diving to see the protected marine life is encouraged.
- Fishing and shellfishing are acceptable, providing users own a recreational license from Washington State.
A fire in your business could lead to temporary closure and lost revenue. Contact SERVPRO of Federal Way at (253) 838-8999 for commercial restoration.
Incomplete Drying Can Have Long-term Consequences for Your Federal Way Home.
Federal Way offers local Washington State homeowners a lot. SERVPRO can offer water damage cleanup and restoration, "Like it never even happened."
SERVPRO of Federal Way Can Expertly Restore a Property to its Pre-loss Condition.
Federal Way is a part of the Seattle metropolitan area and is among the top ten cities within Washington State. Situated in Kings County, the town has a bustling population of 89, 306 residents. The West Coast region features several state parks, forests, lakes, and beautiful natural beauty areas. Compared to many other cities in the Seattle area, Federal Way has a relatively short history that began in the 1920s with the construction of the Federal Way highway. This sizable infrastructure system is connected to trade and docking destinations along the West Coast. The consolidation of a school district within the area saw Federal Way become a residential town for those members of the site that preferred green spaces to the urbanization projects underway in the Washington States bigger cities throughout the twentieth century. While recent investments into the planning stages of a Downtown Project have shown the potential for Federal Way to expand into a business center, the relatively small amounts of retail and shopping destinations ensure that the area remains a close-knit community with strong ties to rural agricultural industries.
The quieter district of Federal Way
lends itself to many community infrastructure projects and public parks. In 2014, one of the largest producers of softwood timber, Weyerhaeuser, announced its headquarters' movement away from Seattle. The company itself had opened much of its land to the public, which features fantastic botanical gardens and the Pacific Bonsai Museum, which houses hundreds of Japanese, Korean, and Chinese bonsai trees and fine art exhibitions celebrating Asian artists throughout the year. One of the most popular parks is Celebration Park, which was repurposed from a commercial airstrip and contains 83.5 acres of green spaces, picnic areas, sports fields, and children's play areas. There are eight state parks within close distance of Federal Way, including wildlife preservation wetlands in West Hylebos and the BPA Trail, which begins in Celebration Park and expands through to the Pierce County border.
- The Weyerhaeuser Kings County Aquatic Center (KCAC) is an enormous swimming arena dedicated to excellence initially constructed for the Goodwill games in 1990. The facilities include an Olympic-sized swimming pool, diving boards, and arena seating. The KCAC is open to the public throughout the year but also is the grounds for several competitive diving and swimming programs across different age groups.
- Also built on the former Weyerhaeuser campus is the stunning Rhododendron Botanical Gardens. The 22-acre woodlands have the most extensive collection of rhododendrons globally and feature a historic Rutherford Conservatory built in the nineteenth century. The curated garden features some unique species of exotic plants, including Blue Poppies, Japanese Maples, and Magnolias.
- The Bonsai Museum at the Weyerhaeuser Corporate Campus is a celebration of Pacific Rim nations like America, Canada, Japan, Korea, and China. The maintained park is open freely to the public with regular group tours and exhibitions celebrating Bonsai tree planting traditions. History tours also tell the story of Japanese Americans living in the US during the Second World War.
Traditional American Food from the West Coast
- Dining out in Federal Way is a diverse blend of American Traditional and Asian cuisine that reflects its diverse population and cultural heritage. On the traditional side is a range of delicious steak houses that celebrate local livestock collection and rearing.
- The Black Angus Steakhouse is situated on 320th Street in Federal Way. To serve Black Angus meats, livestock has to undergo a rigorous testing procedure to certify both the cattle's quality and livelihood. Cattle are fed on a grass diet that provides an unrivaled flavor to the meat. The Black Angus Steakhouse uses a fired grill to cook up a range of delicious cuts and sides.
- Jimmy Mac's Roadhouse is another contemporary classic with a traditional American diner ambiance. While the venue specializes in serving up steaks, there are many fantastic sides and fresh seafood dishes to suit all diets.
- Marlene's Market & Deli is something of an institution for Federal Way locals and sits just inside the Gateway Center. A seasonal serving of soups and fresh deli meats are served in the small upstairs dining section, while Christmas or Thanksgiving foods need to be ordered early to avoid disappointment.
Managing Water Restoration in Federal Way with SERVPRO
The prospect of a water intrusion event can be daunting for property owners. The extent of damages caused by liquid water and humidity can be extreme to your belongings or the structure of your home. One of the most effective methods for mitigating these losses is to ensure that the property is adequately dried as quickly as possible. SERVPRO technicians take extra care when dealing with materials in the home to ensure that we use the right response and limit damages. A one-size-fits-all cleaning approach can damage certain natural fabrics like silk, cotton, leather, or wool. Our team pre-test materials discretely to ensure that we apply the appropriate cleaning products. With our restore over replace mentality, you can be sure that our restoration is responsible and time-efficient.
- By carefully testing materials for shrinkage, color-dye fasting, and watermarks, our team can ensure that textiles in your home get the correct treatment and the strongest chance of returning to a preloss condition.
- Using psychrometric science, SERVPRO technicians can adapt and monitor a drying procedure in real-time. Sometimes, making small adjustments can significantly enhance the speed and process of restoring belongings.
- Our technicians are experts at understanding how water reacts in a structure. Using a thorough process, we can limit the cost of secondary damages in your home and control mold growth.
- SERVPRO technicians are determined to transition from damage to preloss condition as quickly and conveniently for a homeowner. You can speak with our technicians directly at any time during restoration.
Water intrusion can deteriorate quickly, causing extensive harm to contents or structure in an indoor environment. Contact SERVPRO of Federal Way at (253) 838-8999 now.
Federal Way Budding Chefs Can Improve Their Culinary Skills Overnight
It will be exciting to see the community learn valuable skills from Chef Ruth!
Learn new cooking techniques in Federal Way with Chef Ruth.
Cozymeal has sponsored many hands-on events that have allowed budding chefs or stay-at-home parents the opportunity to improve their culinary skills in a practical way. On December 5th, 2020, you can again join Chef Ruth for a unique experience of creating incredible dishes while coming away with valuable skills that can make you the master of your kitchen.
This upcoming event is slated to show off a skill that even many executive chefs might lack: basic knife techniques. Appropriately cutting, carving, dicing, and chopping can make a substantial difference in how culinary creations end up tasting and looking. Participants can choose among two main proteins to prepare and learn about the intricacies of dishes like ratatouille that rely so heavily on focused, even slicing.
Flooding keeping you from exercising your new skills in the kitchen? Our professionals can offer efficient stormwater removal for Federal Way homes and apartments. Give our SERVPRO of Federal Way team a call today at (253) 838-8999.
A Small Business Saturday Treat for Des Moines Shoppers
SERVPRO is looking forward to the Miracle on 152nd Street event!
Des Moines residents can experience the holiday season at the annual Miracle on 152nd Street event.
This year, on Small Business Saturday, take an opportunity to promote local vendors and celebrate the holiday season with the Miracle on 152nd Street event. This free gathering allows families to spend quality time together, enjoy delicious treats, help the local economy, and even catch a family-friendly film. This all takes place in Downtown Burien and Burien Town Square Park.
Shoppers can begin as early as 11 AM shopping around and appreciate free gift wrapping services happening at the Town Square Park for the event. Also, families can look forward to several hot treats, including a hot cocoa bar and free popcorn during the movie event sponsored by Umpqua Bank.
Flood damage in Des Moines homes can make a Grinch out of anyone this holiday season. Our SERVPRO of Federal Way team can help with efficient cleaning and drying services. Give us a call whenever you need us at (253) 838-8999.