Mold Remediation and Restoration
- 24-Hour Emergency Service
- Faster to Any Size Disaster
- Highly Trained Mold Remediation Technicians
- Specialized Mold Remediation Equipment
- A Trusted Leader in the Restoration Industry
- Locally Owned and Operated
Identifying Mold in Your Federal Way Home
It is more of an everyday occurrence than you might think for mold and microbial threats to exist in Federal Way homes and businesses. With high moisture content and relative humidity along the Puget Sound, many structures combat the conditions necessary to allow mold growth without other disasters taking place. Identifying the presence of colonies in your home as soon as possible can help remediation take less time and ultimately cost less, considering that many insurance plans do not offer comprehensive coverage for microbial destruction.
You can look for several conditions that could indicate potential mold growth, including:
- Foul Odors
- Persistently Damp Conditions
How Remediation Can Help
Remediation involves the removal of active colonization to help make the entire affected Federal Way structure safer and less hazardous for occupants. There are many ways that remediation can help a damaged structure that has active mold growth.
Containment can limit the spread and severity of mold colonization, allowing our remediators to get to work on managing moisture content, removing mold from affected materials, and even implementing controlled demolition practices where they are necessary.
Experienced Microbial Remediation Technicians
Our Applied Microbial Remediation Technicians (AMRT) have endorsements and education through the Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC), the National Organization of Remediators and Mold Inspectors (NORMI), and the Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA.) All of these organizations and standard-setting institutions help us create highly knowledgeable and confident remediation specialists for your home.
If You See Signs of Mold,
Call Us Today – (253) 838-8999
Some restoration companies advertise “mold removal” and may even guarantee to remove all mold. This is a fallacy because removing all mold from a house or business is impossible; microscopic mold spores exist almost everywhere, both indoors and outdoors. Here are the facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic and float along in the air and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
Why Choose SERVPRO of Federal Way?
We’re Faster to Any Size Disaster
Mold spreads quickly, so a minor mold infestation can quickly escalate into a major problem. We’re dedicated to responding immediately when you contact us. A fast response lessens the damage, limits further damage, and reduces cost.
We’re Highly Trained Mold Remediation Specialists
We specialize in water and mold damage restoration, the cornerstone of our business. We have the training and expertise to safely handle any mold situation.
- Applied Microbial Remediation Specialist
- Water Damage Restoration Technician
- Applied Structural Drying Technician
We Use Advanced Mold Remediation Techniques and Equipment
Our initial focus is to stop the source of water feeding the mold. We then isolate the affected area using a negative air pressure chamber. We invest in ongoing mold remediation training and the latest equipment to serve you better
The Mold Remediation Process
Every mold damage scenario is different, and requires a unique solution, but the general mold remediation process stays the same. The steps listed below illustrate our “typical” process:
- Emergency Contact - (253) 838-8999
- Inspection and Mold Damage Assessment
- Mold Containment
- Air Filtration
- Removing Mold and Mold-Infested Materials
- Cleaning Contents and Belongings
Common Mold Misconceptions
With sensational news stories and misleading advertising, you can easily understand why so many people are misinformed about indoor mold. Learn the facts about mold and the mold remediation process.
Locally Owned Company with National Resources
We live and work in this community too; we might even be neighbors. As a locally owned and operated business, SERVPRO of Federal Way is close by and ready to help with your mold-damaged property.
If a catastrophic storm or event occurs, we can call upon the resources of a national network of over 1980 SERVPRO Franchises and special Disaster Recovery Teams strategically located throughout the country to respond to large scale disasters.
We are proud to serve our local communities: