New Cleaning Technology for SERVPRO of Federal Way Customers
Industry Leading Soft Goods Technology
When property damage occurs the initial focus is often on the larger pieces of someone’s life that was affected. A roof, the kitchen floor, or the finished basement that needs to be repaired if the main focus of most involved.
When the dust of emotions and initial response settles the less noticeable pieces to someone’s life or business then presents itself. The focus then moves to the “little things” in life that bring far more value than a dollar amount.
The blanket that your Aunt made. The stuffed animal that your daughter won at the State Fair when she was 8. Even those pair of shoes you bring out for special occasions, the ones they don’t even make anymore. These are all items that sure, you could say are worth $9 for a stuffed animal, but honestly is there really an amount of money that can reimburse you for your emotional attachment?
At SERVPRO of Federal Way we had seen several customers that went through the painful process of “being reimbursed” for their contents throughout the years. We wondered if there was something we could do to improve the level of services that we were providing. There was a definite need based on the feedback we had received.
In June SERVPRO of Federal Way made the decision to invest in the Equipment and Training needed to provide state of the art soft contents cleaning in house. SERVPRO of Federal Way is now using the Industry leading Esporta System to clean soft goods contents to Food Grade levels. This has resulted in less items thrown away, lower claims costs, and a better experience for our customers.
The cleaning technology we now have in house is capable of cleaning a variety of soft goods:
– winter boots
– hiking boots
– leather slippers
– suede coats
– leather coats
– suede handbags
– leather handbags
– suede or leather hats
– stuffed animals or dolls
– throw or bed pillows
– curtains or drapes
If you would like to learn more about the technology and process SERVPRO of Federal Way uses on soft goods cleaning please contact us today at 206-282-9500
Seattle Area Building Boom Necessitating Pre Planning for Emergencies
Seattle Area Construction boom is causing a need for Solid Planning
2017 was a big year for Residential and Commercial construction and there doesn't seem to be an end in sight!
Downtown Seattle alone experienced an additional 5,700 homes, almost 4 million square feet of office space, and 600+ hotel rooms.
Though these numbers are staggering, they are expected to rise by the time 2020 comes around. In 2020 planners expect more than 17,000 homes to be built!
With the new square footage comes the challenges of making sure your Property Damage Emergency Services are pre planned Before an incident occurs.
SERVPRO of Federal Wayworks with Contractors, Building Owners, and Property Management Companies to set up Emergency Ready Plans.
This No Cost program gathers all of your important site/building information and makes it easily accessible if an event occurs.
This information is in physical form but is also available via Online (as well as our Free App) for your entire Team to access. This information can be transferred from the General Contractor to the Property Management Team as the structures are commissioned.
If you would like more information on what an Emergency Ready Program would look like for your building or project, please contact us at 206-282-9500
Summertime Water Conservation Tips
Keep your plants happy and your water bill low with a few simple points.
With summer now in full swing, it's time to consider how to keep your lawn and garden it tip top shape while also considering how to keep your water bill down. Here are a few tips from Popular Mechanics on how (http://www.popularmechanics.com/home/lawn-garden/how-to/g559/9-water-conserving-tips-for-summer-gardening/):
- Don't over water - a good rule of thumb is that a lawn needs 1 inch of water a week and perennial plants and shrubs will need from 1 inch to 2 inches a week. When in doubt, keep the plant's soil lightly moist and see how it responds. Over-watering is just as bad as under-watering; it leads to root rot and soil compaction that robs the roots of air.
- Water in the morning - If you water while it's (relatively) cool outside, water can soak in before it evaporates on the surface. And if you do it in the morning, that helps the plant to take up the water during the day.
- Don't waste water - Don't soak the plant's foliage; it does little good. If you see water puddling or running off, stop; let the water soak in before resuming. Likewise, water that runs off your lawn or off the top of a flower bed onto paved surfaces does no good. The same applies to running lawn sprinklers: Water your lawn, not the side of your house or the driveway.
Mold - Things You Need to Know
Control moisture and reduce your odds of mold - SERVPRO of Federal Way can help!
- There is no practical way to eliminate all mold and mold spores in the indoor environment; the way to control indoor mold growth is to control moisture.
- If mold is a problem in your home or school, you must clean up the mold and eliminate sources of moisture.
- Reduce indoor humidity (to 30-60%) to decrease mold growth by:
- Venting bathrooms, dryers and other moisture-generating sources to the outside
- Using air conditioners and de-humidifiers
- Increasing ventilation
- Using exhaust fans whenever cooking, dishwashing and cleaning
- Molds can be found almost anywhere; they can grow on virtually any substance, providing moisture is present. There are molds that can grow on wood, paper, carpet, and foods.
For more, see this great page by the Environmental Protection Agency:
Federal Way Rains Bringing Storm Damage Pains? SERVPRO is Here to Help!
Don't let the weather get you down - SERVPRO of Federal Way is ready!
The unpredictable weather of the last several weeks has brought about an incredible amount of inconveniences and headaches for many Federal Way home owners and property managers alike.
The recent bouts of cold temperatures and snow, milder temperature and rain, and sporadic gusts have tested many of the neighborhoods and systems around the city, including backing up King County's West Point Treatment Plant to its maximum intake capacity and forcing the facility to temporarily bypass the excess into the Puget Sound.
Always Ready to Help
Because we are locally owned, we are ready and capable to respond at a moments notice. With 1650 franchises operating nationwide, SERVPRO of Federal Way has access to equipment required to handle any issues a storm or flooding may bring.
Have Storm or Flood Damage? Call Us Today - (253)838-8999
10 Tips to Make 2017 Your Best Year Yet
2017 is now in full swing and with January now having come and gone, has the start of your new year gone the way you had planned? Whether things are going exactly according to plan or if your path has been skewed by particular obstacles, here are 10 ideas that will help you along provided by Richard Branson, founder and CEO of Virgin Group, courtesy of BBC News.
- Follow your dreams and just do it
- Make a positive difference and do some good
- Believe in your ideas and be the best
- Have fun and look after your team
- Don't give up
- Make lots of lists and keep setting yourself new challenges
- Spend time with your family and learn to delegate
- Try turning off the TV and get out there and do things
- When people say bad things about you, just prove them wrong
- Do what you love and have a sofa in the kitchen
So how will you make the rest of 2017 better?
Fire Prevention Tips for your Federal Way Home/Property
A few small steps can go a long way to prevent fire incidents at your Federal Way home/property.
"It’s always good to find out you’re going to be working from home…
Unless you’re a firefighter."
According to the National Fire Protection Association (http://www.nfpa.org/news-and-research/fire-statistics-and-reports/fire-statistics/fires-in-the-us), in 2015, there were 500,000+ structure fires causing $10+ billion in property damage! Structure fires were reported every 63 seconds!
Here are a few tips to prevent a fire at your Federal Way home or property, provided by the American Red Cross (http://www.redcross.org/get-help/prepare-for-emergencies/types-of-emergencies/fire/home-fire-preparedness):
- Keep items that can catch on fire at least three feet away from anything that gets hot, such as space heaters.
- Talk to children regularly about the dangers of fire, matches and lighters and keep them out of reach.
- Turn portable heaters off when you leave the room or go to sleep.
- Install smoke alarms on every level of your home and outside every sleeping area. Also, install a carbon monoxide alarm in a central location outside each separate sleeping area.
- Check electrical wiring in your home.
- Avoid overloading outlets or extension cords.
- Make sure wiring is not under rugs, attached by nails, or in high traffic areas.
Have you checked your home or property for fire hazards recently? Have you had conversations with your family about what you would do in a fire emergency? What is your plan if a fire impacts your home?
SERVPRO of Federal Way specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire or smoke damage event and can help you get back on track after an incident.
If you have any questions about fire, smoke, or soot damage, call SERVPRO of Federal Way - (253)838-8999
Happy New Year Federal Way!
Goodbye 2016 - Hello 2017!
"I hope that in this year to come, you make mistakes. Because if you are making mistakes, then you are making new things, trying new things, learning, living, pushing yourself, changing yourself, changing your world. You're doing things you've never done before, and more importantly, you're doing something."
On behalf of SERVPRO of Federal Way, our team wishes all of you a safe and wonderful New Year!
Federal Way Residents: Follow These Mold Safety Tips If You Suspect Mold
Be careful! Without proper training, you could be spreading mold throughout your home!
If you see visible mold, do not disturb it. You can inadvertently spread the mold infestation throughout your home. When mold is disturbed, the mold can release microscopic mold spores which become airborne and can circulate inside your home.
What to Do:
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
- Contact SERVPRO of Federal Way for mold remediation services.
What Not to Do:
- Don’t touch or disturb the mold.
- Don’t blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth.
- Don’t attempt to dry the area yourself.
- Don’t spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold.
About Our Mold Remediation Services
SERVPRO of Federal Way specializes in mold cleanup and restoration, in fact, it’s a cornerstone of our business. Our crews are highly trained restoration professionals that use specialized equipment and techniques to properly remediate your mold problem quickly and safely.
If You See Signs of Mold, Call Us Today – (253)838-8999
Federal Way 24 Hour Emergency Water Damage Service
SERVPRO of Federal Way provides 24 hour fire and water damage restoration service in Federal Way
SERVPRO of Federal Way is available 24 hours a day for water emergencies, large or small. When you are dealing with water damage, immediate action is crucial. A delay of just a few hours can greatly increase the severity of the water damage.
We Answer the Phone Ready to Help
Call Today - (253)838-8999
We understand that when you call us, you may be feeling confused, stressed, and vulnerable. You need an expert to guide you through this crisis. SERVPRO of Federal Way has the specific water damage training and experience to help you through this tough time. We specialize in water damage restoration—in fact, it's the cornerstone of our business.
What to Expect
When you call, we will ask several questions regarding your water damage emergency. These questions will help us determine what equipment and resources to bring, including how many trained SERVPRO Professionals may be needed.
Our SERVPRO Representative will ask several questions:
- Your name and contact information
- Your insurance information (if applicable)
- The street address of the water-damaged home or business
- When did the flooding or water damage occur?
- What caused the water damage (if known)?
- Is there electricity available (on-site)?
About SERVPRO of Federal Way
SERVPRO of Federal Way specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
Click HERE to Meet our Team
Click HERE to view our Company Profile and Certifications