Can Water Cause Continuous Damage to a Property?
SERVPRO of Federal Way Can Mitigate the Damaging Effects of Water in your Property
Federal Way is in the top ten largest cities in Washington State. The population of 96,289 residents makes it the fifth most populous city in Kings County. Initially, the city was a timber settlement that shipped wood products across the United States. As more and more residential properties cropped up, the region was named Federal Way, which comes from the US highway route 99. The area was only officially incorporated as a city twenty years ago in 1990 following three previous attempts in the late twentieth century.
Much of Federal Way was privately owned by the Weyerhaeuser timberland company, which has over 12,400,000 acres of timberlands across the United States. It was not until 2014 that large amounts of Federal Way became open to the public. Among these attractions are botanical gardens, a pacific bonsai museum, and the Rhododendron Species Foundation, which opens to the public six days of the week. The Weyerhaeuser headquarters' departure from Federal Way occurred in 2014, but the city still retains large employers like World Vision International, Walmart, and DaVita.
- The Rhododendron Species Botanical Garden is a 22-acre space dedicated to the varying species of this plant. Tours are available with expert botanists that can explain both the providence and properties of these unique plants. The Weyerhaeuser company formerly owned the botanical gardens on 336 street.
- MaST Center Aquarium is a research center into marine biology that is open to the public. Situated on the northern border of Federal Way in Redondo, the center is crucial to university research. The Aquarium is open to tours and education on the Puget Sound and its unique wildlife species.
- Wild Waves Theme and Water Park is one of just three parks in the State of Washington. Initially opened in 1977, it remains a popular attraction in the Pacific Northwest. The amusement center features a mix of theme-park rollercoasters with water slides and swimming areas.
SERVPRO Can Provide Exponential Water Damages Occurring in your Home
The main principle of professional restoration services is to mitigate damages. Water intrusion can happen to any homeowner. However, those that suffer the most negligible damages act quickly to enlist professional assistance. One of a water restoration professional's first actions is to extract water and remove any bulk waste from the property. This step alone can save thousands of dollars worth of water damages.
- Pumps are used to remove water from the property quickly. These significantly reduce overall pressure on the walls, floors, and ceilings of a structure.
- Technicians can then rake or shovel any existing contamination and solid-waste, for example, from a sewer backup.
- Extraction is much more efficient than drying. Water extraction units are used to reduce excess water further before a structured drying system is put in place.
Avoid costly damages after water intrusion. Contact SERVPRO of Federal Way for water damage mitigation at (253) 838-8999.