Incomplete Drying Can Have Long-term Consequences for Your Federal Way Home.
SERVPRO of Federal Way Can Expertly Restore a Property to its Pre-loss Condition.
Federal Way is a part of the Seattle metropolitan area and is among the top ten cities within Washington State. Situated in Kings County, the town has a bustling population of 89, 306 residents. The West Coast region features several state parks, forests, lakes, and beautiful natural beauty areas. Compared to many other cities in the Seattle area, Federal Way has a relatively short history that began in the 1920s with the construction of the Federal Way highway. This sizable infrastructure system is connected to trade and docking destinations along the West Coast. The consolidation of a school district within the area saw Federal Way become a residential town for those members of the site that preferred green spaces to the urbanization projects underway in the Washington States bigger cities throughout the twentieth century. While recent investments into the planning stages of a Downtown Project have shown the potential for Federal Way to expand into a business center, the relatively small amounts of retail and shopping destinations ensure that the area remains a close-knit community with strong ties to rural agricultural industries.
The quieter district of Federal Way
lends itself to many community infrastructure projects and public parks. In 2014, one of the largest producers of softwood timber, Weyerhaeuser, announced its headquarters' movement away from Seattle. The company itself had opened much of its land to the public, which features fantastic botanical gardens and the Pacific Bonsai Museum, which houses hundreds of Japanese, Korean, and Chinese bonsai trees and fine art exhibitions celebrating Asian artists throughout the year. One of the most popular parks is Celebration Park, which was repurposed from a commercial airstrip and contains 83.5 acres of green spaces, picnic areas, sports fields, and children's play areas. There are eight state parks within close distance of Federal Way, including wildlife preservation wetlands in West Hylebos and the BPA Trail, which begins in Celebration Park and expands through to the Pierce County border.
- The Weyerhaeuser Kings County Aquatic Center (KCAC) is an enormous swimming arena dedicated to excellence initially constructed for the Goodwill games in 1990. The facilities include an Olympic-sized swimming pool, diving boards, and arena seating. The KCAC is open to the public throughout the year but also is the grounds for several competitive diving and swimming programs across different age groups.
- Also built on the former Weyerhaeuser campus is the stunning Rhododendron Botanical Gardens. The 22-acre woodlands have the most extensive collection of rhododendrons globally and feature a historic Rutherford Conservatory built in the nineteenth century. The curated garden features some unique species of exotic plants, including Blue Poppies, Japanese Maples, and Magnolias.
- The Bonsai Museum at the Weyerhaeuser Corporate Campus is a celebration of Pacific Rim nations like America, Canada, Japan, Korea, and China. The maintained park is open freely to the public with regular group tours and exhibitions celebrating Bonsai tree planting traditions. History tours also tell the story of Japanese Americans living in the US during the Second World War.
Traditional American Food from the West Coast
- Dining out in Federal Way is a diverse blend of American Traditional and Asian cuisine that reflects its diverse population and cultural heritage. On the traditional side is a range of delicious steak houses that celebrate local livestock collection and rearing.
- The Black Angus Steakhouse is situated on 320th Street in Federal Way. To serve Black Angus meats, livestock has to undergo a rigorous testing procedure to certify both the cattle's quality and livelihood. Cattle are fed on a grass diet that provides an unrivaled flavor to the meat. The Black Angus Steakhouse uses a fired grill to cook up a range of delicious cuts and sides.
- Jimmy Mac's Roadhouse is another contemporary classic with a traditional American diner ambiance. While the venue specializes in serving up steaks, there are many fantastic sides and fresh seafood dishes to suit all diets.
- Marlene's Market & Deli is something of an institution for Federal Way locals and sits just inside the Gateway Center. A seasonal serving of soups and fresh deli meats are served in the small upstairs dining section, while Christmas or Thanksgiving foods need to be ordered early to avoid disappointment.
Managing Water Restoration in Federal Way with SERVPRO
The prospect of a water intrusion event can be daunting for property owners. The extent of damages caused by liquid water and humidity can be extreme to your belongings or the structure of your home. One of the most effective methods for mitigating these losses is to ensure that the property is adequately dried as quickly as possible. SERVPRO technicians take extra care when dealing with materials in the home to ensure that we use the right response and limit damages. A one-size-fits-all cleaning approach can damage certain natural fabrics like silk, cotton, leather, or wool. Our team pre-test materials discretely to ensure that we apply the appropriate cleaning products. With our restore over replace mentality, you can be sure that our restoration is responsible and time-efficient.
- By carefully testing materials for shrinkage, color-dye fasting, and watermarks, our team can ensure that textiles in your home get the correct treatment and the strongest chance of returning to a preloss condition.
- Using psychrometric science, SERVPRO technicians can adapt and monitor a drying procedure in real-time. Sometimes, making small adjustments can significantly enhance the speed and process of restoring belongings.
- Our technicians are experts at understanding how water reacts in a structure. Using a thorough process, we can limit the cost of secondary damages in your home and control mold growth.
- SERVPRO technicians are determined to transition from damage to preloss condition as quickly and conveniently for a homeowner. You can speak with our technicians directly at any time during restoration.
Water intrusion can deteriorate quickly, causing extensive harm to contents or structure in an indoor environment. Contact SERVPRO of Federal Way at (253) 838-8999 now.